Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's Your Motivation?

We all have things that drive us and we all know that motivation is a HUGE aspect in our lives. Unless you are new here, you already know that I started running again. I love it. Today while I was running I thought of what motivates me most to run. You see, when I was younger and played softball, running tended to be a form of punishment. If you had a crappy practice, bad attitude, showed up late, coach heard that you smoked a cigarette you were made to run. I hated it.

The number one reason that I run is my Dad. Yes, my ole greasy truck driving daddy. I kid...we always said that about him because when I would tell my friends that my dad was a trucker I guess they thought he was gross and greasy. My dad is actually a very nice looking man. Several of my friends had little crushes on him...still weird to me. Anyways, my dad is not my motivation to run because he is in shape and runs...NO WAY! Since I was 16 years old, I have watched him roll back to the cath lab I don't know how many times. He has had blockage after blockage. He has 12 stents. He doesn't smoke but he doesn't eat like he should, he worked night shift for many years, and he doesn't work out. He is set in his ways and he works all the time. I don't want to end up like that. It is hereditary and I have no choice but to get up and get in shape and establish a good routine that I can follow for the rest of my life. I also have to set a good example for my kids so that they will know how important it is to stay in shape. I want my kids to think it is totally normal for mommy to run in the mornings and workout again in the evenings while they jump around and try to keep up or I should say while Aubree whines about how bad squats hurt. Ha!

Another huge motivation for me is all the friends that I have made in the blog world. Y'all are awesome! It makes me so happy to see so many determined ladies! I hope that I will be able to catch up to you guys! I think it's wonderful that so many people have come together and want to have healthier lifestyles. I may still be sitting on the couch talking about how I need to start running again if not for all of you posting pics of your Garmin's! Ha! Thanks y'all!

Yesterday was my first day to run since the car or should I say baby truck accident? I felt so much better when I woke up. I went for a run in my neighborhood for the first time. I have done plenty of walking here but not any running. It was good. There are some hills but that's ok. I pushed through. I felt even better after my run.
I love my new shoes! I think I am gonna end up being a Brooks girl after all! 

It was 60 degrees here yesterday. I took the boys outside to play. They love the outdoors which is another reason that I am counting down to Spring. We spend so much time outside in the Spring and Summer. 

 I snapped this pic while we were outside. I am gonna have to print and frame this one. I love it! I never figured out what was so interesting on the other side of the fence. 

Ended the day with some more cardio per Aubree's request and abdominal workout. Like always, she wimped out on me. Ha! Oh...the day would not be complete without a couple of my kids random thoughts!
At the table tonight...
Carter: Aubree, I am glad that Groundhog's Day is over! Ugh!
Aubree: Why?
Carter: Because Groundhog's get on my nerves and make me want to poop in my pants! 
Aubree: Mom, he is so gross!!! Make him stop!

I hope that you all have a great day! 


10 comments:

  1. New follower - I love to run too.. I've been running for almost a year now. Supposed to run a 5K this weekend but we're expecting a storm so it may be canceled. I'm signed up for my 1st half marathon in May! My blog is http://rachandsaro.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Welcome to my crazy blog! Lol! Good luck with the 5K this weekend. I hope the weather cooperates!

      Delete
  2. I love the conversation between your kids. Mine told me the other night that the moon is made of "green cheese" and that's what makes it glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I love the conversations your kids have. That is hilarious! And I so wish I wasn't a fraidy cat or I'd trail run from my house to your house then do a run in the neighborhood, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's a trail run between y'alls houses??? what? for real?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daddy was a trucker driver too. Both of my parents had diabetes and high blood pressure. My mom passed away from complications of Lupus. Be healthy is my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does Carter even get these things from lol!! Go you, can't wait until April now!!!! I'm just dying for spring and to be outside all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree that a lot of my motivation is from my blog friends. I can't even explain it, but I think you probably know exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete