Thursday, February 21, 2013

Am I Getting Old?

I haven't blogged in a week. I have some small projects around here that I have been working on and I am just freaking tired, y'all. All the sickness in this house this had made me tired. When I blog I wait until after the kids are in bed but I've been passing out. Whateva!

A little weekend recap now that it's time for another freaking weekend..ha! We had dinner last Friday night at Texas Roadhouse for my hubby's birthday. You may have seen some pics on Instagram. These are the ones that you didn't see...
What is wrong with him? He hates pictures! He is so attractive yet he never smiles in pics. And this ugly face! Lol!
 
No, Carter, put down Pop's phone and say "cheese." Lol! Kids and these phones...
 
Chubby Cheeks here will take a pic with his mommy!

I didn't run any this week. My feet, ankles, and my right knee (old softball injury) have been hurting. Over the weekend it seemed to hurt worse when I would sit and got better when I walked. It is awful though when I walk and carry the baby.  What the crap is wrong with me? I guess I am getting old. My feet feel best in my Dansko nurse clogs. Wouldn't that be a sight to me running in those? Haha! Today they feel much better but I really would have called in at least once last weekend if I could have. I am not sure if it's the new shoes or running on this awful pavement we have going on in my hood. I think I need to start going back to the track. Maybe I overdid it with the hills and uneven pavement or maybe I am just old. I have still been doing cardio and pilates though.

I do pilates with this annoying chick on YouTube. I really can't stand her. Sorry, but not sorry. Thing is she is making me look a lot better though. I just wish she would shut up and count for crying out loud. All this chit chat is not necessary while I lay on the floor trying to keep up and not hyperventilate. I noticed that my abs are priming up for bikini weather. I did make my 4 year old take a pic. Ha! I've worked hard and I am kinda proud but that won't last long. Good ole Type A personality here.
Latest abs and spray tan! Thank you, Jamie!

In other news, I am planning a birthday party for Aubree. She is turning 11 in a couple weeks. She had to go and make this kinda difficult for me. She wants a Duck Dynasty themed party. She is so country. I've ordered Pink and Camo Mossy Oak plates, cups, and napkins. I don't even watch Duck Dynasty. Isn't that the shock of the century? I met Phil Robertson years ago at a Ducks Unlimited Fest. This may possibly be one of the most interesting parties we've had. Lol!
She's growing up! She came downstairs wearing my old OR scrubs and a work shirt the other night. She will NEVER be a nurse though. Blood makes her faint.

The weather here has been so BLAH this week. I am soooooooooo ready for Spring. We had a couple thunderstorms here yesterday. What do little boys do when it's storming outside?
They dance for their mommy! Lol!
 
Well, that's about all I've got for now. I will try to do better next week with the blog. Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Do you follow @mereyrae's blog? her daughter just recently went to a duck dynasty sleepover and they did some really cute stuff that you could copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st off...the abs are RIDIC!!! Lookin good sista!
    2nd...Duck Dynasty party for a girl...I love it! HILARIOUS! I can't wait for pics!

    Have a great weekend/work week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of here with those abs! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me the link to these annoying girl videos - your abs look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like the link too. I love Pilates but the class at the gym didn't seem to do much for me?? Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe it's just the teacher? I want to try again and I want those abs. LOL.

    I am going to email you with the Duck Dynasty party tidbits. It is funny that the girls all love this so much. Even the moms were cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay not to sound all crazy stalker weirdo but your abs look amaze! What is the link for the annoying chic? I can't believe you don't watch DD! It is soooo funny, you HAVE to check it out. Todd and I sit here and watch it and crack up. I love how they have their family values on the show and at the end it always shows them sitting down for a family dinner and prayer! Totally southern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious. That will be an interesting party, and I've never seen Duck Dynasty either, and I plan to keep it that way, ha! They look so cute dancing, and Caleb look like a little boy now! I think you and Carter matched shirts, and Aubree looks just like you in those scrubs lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your abs look awesome. Send me the link to this annoying Pilates chick lol. And omg let me help with the duck dynasty party! Check out Meredith's blog. She just posted about a duck dynasty party. They did mud masks and had camo and pink. It was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring on spring. And you are looking hot! If I wouldnt poop myself I would totally do pilates too!

    I figured you were MIA perfecting your chicken culinary skills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AB A LICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hottie mama!!! E acts like a tool in all his pics.. womp.womp.womp

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am about to you tube a Pilates video. HOly smokes girl you look good. I am feeling old too. I haven't ran since last Saturday and I am pretty sure that I am skipping out on my long run for tomorrow. The knee pain is way too much to handle right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me sick with those Abs! I Love Duck Dynasty! Sounds like that will be a fun party. I don't know if you know this but I do cakes and cupcakes. I have a page on FB Jo Jo's Sweet Treats. I don't use fondant, I use homemade icing that my Aunt Elisha made. Just thought I would let you know if you still need a cake or cupcakes for the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously........the abs.....I hate you but I love you!!!! Muah!! Looks like you have the party down w everyone's help but don't be surprised to get random texts from me about random ideas I get. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- you have inspired me with those abs! I just heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete