Friday, February 1, 2013

Just Call Me Minnie Pearl and We Have a Winner!!

Just yesterday I totally messaged my friend, Janessa, telling her that my next post would be titled "Women Be Shopping" but a little mishap noted this evening changed that.

Today my FIL came over and watched Caleb so I could get out of the house and do some brief shopping. He and my MIL are so good to us and love their grandbabies. I mean what man VOLUNTEERS to come watch your snotty/poopy baby before he goes to work all night so you can get out of the house? I am very grateful!

First things first, I dropped Carter off at preschool. Today was pajama day for the letter "P". I just knew he wanted to wear his Cars 2 pajamas but he went with Angry Birds.
He's so precious. When I picked him up today, I asked "Did your friends have pajamas on too?" He replied, "Yes, mommy, it was pajama day, DUH!" Guess I deserved that one! 

So, I went for a quick run (yes...I am addicted already) and did what any woman without kids would do...headed to Target! I found the EXACT mirror that I have been looking for to hang in my bedroom. I first saw it on Pinterest but it was one of those pins that didn't take you anywhere when you click on it. I thought I'd never find it. The bonus was it was on sale for $15! Winning! Next, I hit up Dick's Sporting Goods. I tried on several different brands of running shoes and really like the Brooks best. My girl, Mel, is a total Brooks girl. I'm hoping that I will be too. I will def keep y'all posted!
My new kicks! The deal with these...they were $119. Not bad. I had a coupon that I earned with my Coupon Sherpa app. The last time I went to Dick's I used the app for a coupon to be used with my next purchase for $25 off, which happened to be today's purchase. Plus I had an additional $10 coupon for filling out an online survey with my last purchase. So that was $35 off. Again...winning!

Now I know you are wondering, Lindsey, what is all this talk about calling you Minnie Pearl or you may be saying just hush and announce the winner, yeah I know you've already scrolled to the bottom...that's cool.? Today I was wearing my new shirt from Jamie, at Southern Glow Airbrush Tanning, and it is super cute. It says "Glow Me". I knew it would get some attention!
I just realized I was in a purple mood yesterday...shirt, shoes...anyways, it's a really cute shirt!

I also wore my new Silver Jeans that Brian bought me. I specifically turned in front of him and asked did I get all the tags off? I didn't see any but wanted him to double check. You know where this is going...I did get a lot of looks but I thought it was just my glowing tan or my cute shirt. Well, about 7 PM I noticed a huge tag in a most obvious place! Really?!? How did we both miss that? Embarassing!!
Seriously...
Howdeeeeeeee! If you don't know Minnie Pearl then you are obviously not from around these parts! We watched this lady on our old console TV every Saturday night when I was a kid. SALUTE!

Back to shopping...I spent an afternoon last week on the Court Square in my hometown, Covington. I don't go there very often anymore. It's not that it's far but everything I need is right here in my town. I did some shopping as there are lots of neat stores there. I love to shop locally when possible! 
Our Courthouse. Isn't it beautiful? My mom worked there for like 30 years. Look to the right at the water tower...it has the logo for the high school I attended. I was a Covington Charger! I love small towns!
I also love this ring I found in a jewelry store on the square! Our 5 year anniversary is this year and I really want to upgrade. I loved this one and a BLINGING ring guard that fits my engagement ring. Excuse the pitiful nurse hand and nails. What do y'all think about it?

Tonight my little Caleb ate corn-on-the-cob for the first time! He wasn't sure what to think. He just kinda stared at it for a minute then began to eat it on the end. Poor baby! I remember Aubree doing the same thing! Carter had lots of questions, like always, about where corn came from. I explained and somehow threw in there that it stops growing once it is cut/harvested/picked. His response "so corn is like my boogers because after I pick them they stop growing too, Mommy." Yes, Carter like your boogers! Seriously, people, I can't make this kinda stuff up! Hahahahaha!
Hahaha! Sweet little man!

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...the winner is Laura from Serrano Style!!!!!!  Congrats!! Laura is a wife, mom to 3, and is a runner. I enjoy reading her blog and you will too! Go visit her and ask her how excited she is to be the winner of a new wristlet/wallet?? 

I plan to do another giveaway when I reach 150 followers just to say thanks again! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

16 comments:

  1. you are a running machine! I'm a brooks girl too.....and I would totally blame it on Brian that you wore that tag all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love the corn being like boogers. Smart kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you live? Covington, GA?? That is where I grew up? I wasn't sure! I saw you were a Dawgs fan and then I saw the mention of Covington... but the High School wasn't the chargers... So I got confused! Thought I'd ask! haha

    anyway! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to say "That is where I grew up!"

      Delete
  4. Love that ring and SHOPPING and yes I am Brooks FANATIC!!! YAY Laura....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women Be Shoppin!!! lol Love that pic of the square! We both spent plenty of time up there back in the day. Too funny about the tag on the jeans. At least it was sorta the same dark blue instead of like a big red or yellow tag, hah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shirt and that ring is GORGEOUS! I love shopping when I'm out there. Let me know what you think about Brooks; I can always use more shoes!! Caleb looks so sweet. Did he end up eating all the corn? Carter trips me out! Do you know if Brian is bring them to Nannies for the superbowl party? I miss them like crazy. Caleb was asleep the whole 3 hours I was there a couple weeks ago so I never even got to see him. = (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ring and the corn on the cob picture haha!! love it! Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In-laws can be the best! My MIL keeps our girls while I'm at work when they aren't in their preschool 2-day-a-week program. You DID open yourself wide up for that DUH. I want to see a pic of this mirror you got for an awesome price!!!! That ring is beautiful! Kids are always full of questions...at least mine are! We had the same corn delay too. ;-) Congrats Laura! Y'all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to find that mirror! I will post pics when I decide how I am going to hang it. Ha! Do you have an Instagram account?

      Delete
    2. I DO have Instagram...& twitter. I'm TASHASUNSHINE on IG & @asunshinyday99 on Twitter

      Delete
  9. Holy mollies...I actually won?!! That's really awesome and I think I should go buy a lottery ticket because I also won another giveaway this morning...and this is a person who has never won a.single.thing! in her life! LOL THANK YOU...seriously, I thank you!

    Also, I have the same shoes! I was skeptical at first...but they are awesome! I hope you love them!
    Our 5 year anniversary is this year too and I was thinking the same thing...upgrade time :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lindsay!

    I loved your reading your post, your blessed that your in-laws are able and willing to watch your children. I loved your shirt and running shoes too cute! Happy 5th Anniversary and the ring you picked out is beautiful, for my 10th my husband upgraded mine, I was totally shocked. Have a great weekend!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carissa! I love your blog! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  11. I love the purple sneakers and shirt! My favorite color. Too funny about the corn and boogers comment. Kids say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shoes! The minnie pearl jeans crack me up! I would so do something like that! And that ring is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete