Friday, February 8, 2013

Home Tour Part II and A Picnic

Today I am going to share my second favorite room in my home. It was an absolute selling point for me. My favorite room is my closet and I did a post on it a while back. You can check it out here.

I absolutely love my dining room and it is one of the only rooms in this house that I consider to be completed for the most part. I still need to find some things to hang on the walls by pictures that look bare. We moved in this house early last Spring. Considering that and the fact that I have little kids, I don't have it fixed and decorated the way that I would like. I am kind of doing a room at a time. It's more cost effective and gives me plenty of time to be indecisive. 

 You can enter the dining room 2 ways. This is the entry from the kitchen.
This is entry 2 from the main entry of the house.
Antique buffet with lots of pics of the kids and antique mirror. 
Pictures of my boys. Carter is on the left and Caleb is on the right. I bought the little blue outfit that they are both wearing after I found out that Carter was a boy. Caleb had a pose done exactly like Carter's and I almost bought it but honestly you could barely tell a difference between them and I thought it would look odd  and when I get old and forgetful I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Ha!
Antique desk with pic that my MIL had of Carter taken for me on Mother's Day 2011. This desk has a chair that the kids destroyed. Lol! I have considered painting this piece and the buffet but they match my table so well that I will probably just leave them the way that they are.
Aubree's wall. This is a wall that is def not completed. It really needs something on both sides of her picture. I have yet to find the perfect things though.
My table and chairs. Love them! I have nice plates, etc but I don't dare leave them out. Wonder why? Haha!
The ceiling in the room is a different color from the walls. The kids call it the tic-tac-toe ceiling. I love it! It def gives the room character. 
 
The dining room and the office are the only rooms in the house with hardwood floors. Love them and will probably end up taking the carpet out of the living room one day and replacing it with hardwood or stain the concrete. 

The next part of the house that I'll probably do is my kitchen. It is pretty much set up like I want it minus a few small things. My cousin bought my kitchen table last week and we bought a new one. We finally have enough chairs for all 5 of us as Caleb was hating his highchair and no more glass top table covered with finger prints!

Carter Bug is sick. He has been sick just about every week since he started preschool. I am so frustrated! I knew that he would have a few colds but my goodness! He stayed up all night following his first day of school with an awful stomach bug. He can't seem to catch a break. He has a cold I guess. You know us nurses don't take our kids to the doctor until we are absolutely sure they need antibiotics. Otherwise, it's a wasted trip full of exposure to other nasty viruses. Anyways, he stayed home yesterday and was so worried about his lunch that I'd already packed him so I told him we could have a picnic since it was almost 70 degrees. We did and he loved it. He kept hugging me and telling me thank you mommy. He is such a sweetheart. 

Enjoying his PB&J

Caleb could have really cared less about the picnic. He was too busy running around to eat much. I am not sure how much grass he consumed. He should be safe though...look at Les Miles...he seems to be doing just fine. 
Carter was cleaning some grass off Caleb's face. So sweet!

The picnic would not have been complete without Carter walking over towards the swing set only to pass it and walk right over to the fence and pee on it. Ugh! Boys! Hahahaha!  There were several conversations today between he and Aubree that were totally worthy of being shared but I have already forgotten them. If you ever hear people say, you'd better write it down or you'll forget, believe me it's true! I need to get better about that. 

I went for a nice run yesterday morning. It was around 65 degrees outside. I broke a serious sweat. I have yet to figure out why the second day of the week is always the most difficult for me. At one point I thought I can see the house and I am tired so I'm quitting but I didn't. Just being honest.

I want to tell y'all about my friend, Cari. Her blog name is The Crazy Kents. She is a nurse too and doesn't live very far from me. We are totally gonna hang out one of these days. Listen to this, like I said she's a nurse and her husbands name is Caleb and she has a son named Carter. This gets funnier, her full name is Cari Ann, like my SIL Carrie Ann and both of their husbands are nurses too. Anyways, I love her blog and she has a great personality. She sells Thirty-One and has a link on her blog if you want to do some shopping. I don't know about y'all but I love Thirty-One and I desperately need a new bag! Check her out!

Tasha, at A Sunshiny Day, is also a blog friend that lives near me. She is a fairly new blogger and is going to do a giveaway when she reaches 25 followers. She has 2 of the cutest little girls ever! Go visit her blog and tell her that I sent you!

We were supposed to be going out with the fam for dinner tonight to celebrate Brian's birthday but since Carter is under the weather we will just stay home and keep our germs confined to our house. It sure would be nice if errrrrrrrbody did the same! 
Happy Birthday B-rian! I lurve you!

So since it's my hubby's birthday weekend and I have to work, such a shock, I am requesting that y'all keep your "It's finally Friday" "Yay for the weekend" shiz to a minimum! Ha! J/k...I did sign up for it after all!




12 comments:

  1. Love love love the "tic tac toe" ceiling! It just gives a room so much more pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your house...and so glad to find out we are neighbors! small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your 65 degree weather! We are getting 15 inches of snow tonight! I'm very much over winter. And I promise I'll keep my YAY its Friday to a minimum today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ceiling and all the antique pieces! Awww, I bet they loved the picnic...or at least Carter did. It seems like Caleb really loves the outdoors. = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ceiling! It's amazing. But I think more than anything I LOVE Carter's batman shirt!!!! (I'm a bit batman obsessed) I hope he get's to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dining room! Let me know when you are working on your other rooms. We will have to plan a shopping trip to Home Goods, Garden Ridge and some other places. I'm doing mine room by room too once I get things painted. Love the dining room though. I like that you can bring food in from the kitchen and guests can enter from the main entry way. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the ceiling! I also loved the table! I totally want a new kitchen table I am so over ours. Have I told you we have the polished concrete floors throughout our entire house? I loved when our weather was up in the 70's but the past few days it has been colder in the 50's but the wind has been blowing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the shout out!!!! I absolutely LOVE the pictures of your house!!!!! TOOOO cute! Poor lil guy....being sick is NO fun! Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad Carter is sick. Hope he will be well soon and we can celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that ceiling! I wish I had a dining room, but I would take storage space before a dining room any day. We have 1 closet!! Who does that to a girl!? My hubby! He built the house...the house with no storage!! MEN.

    I just nominated to for a Liebster Award. Check it out here: http://www.cravingchocolateandlazydays.com/2013/02/08/liebster-award/

    Hope you participate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that ceiling is phenomenal... How are you girl?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout out! I'm finally getting back to life and catching up on my blog reqding after the stomach bug from haitis! We are going to totally hang out one day!

    ReplyDelete