Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Groundhogs & Bikinis - Guest Post

This is Laura from over at Walking in Memphis in High Heels.  My sweet SIL asked me to do a guest post for her today.  Since you're stuck with me today, I will go ahead and apologize that I don't have any pictures of the nephews or any good stories about the baby truck.  = )  I mainly post about my everyday life, my family, restaurants in the Memphis area, working out, my lack of cooking skills, but mainly I post about fashion. 

I don't know if you've heard yet or not, but Punxsutawney Phil in fact did NOT see his shadow.  Early spring here we come!  I could not be happier!  It's the little things, okay?  Since it's basically spring (I can dream, right?), I'm going to post some of my favorite spring fashion wants, and in true Operation Red Bikini style, I think it's time we start looking at bikinis.  After all, why else have we been slaving away at the gym and hitting the pavement all winter long?  With emerald being the color of the year, and mint still really popular, I'm especially craving bikinis in all hues of green this year.  Plus you can never go wrong with classic, timeless silouettes or bright colors and fun designs.


 
Boys + Arrows Bikini.  $156.  This beautiful canary yellow color will look great on tanned skin this summer, and that convertible bandeau top looks so flattering!
 
 
 
Seafolly Goddess Bandeau Top.  $92.  I have this exact top in two other colors.  It is perfect for women with larger chests, and you can also criss cross the straps or tie them around the chest to make the top a bandeau style.  And the material is the softest I've ever felt on a bikini.   
 
 
 
Juicy Coture Prima Donna Bandeau Top.  $94.  Timelss and gorgeous.  It might be too pretty to even get in the water.
 
 
 
Betsey Johnson Atomic Hottie Halter Top.  $74.  This girl is seriously making me want a gingham bikini!  I could see Maryann of Gilligan's Island wearing this after a few pina coladas.
 
 
 
J. Crew Neon Floral Underwire Top.  $54.  Something about this color combo and pattern keeps getting my attention.  It's simple but will still stand out.
Neon floral padded underwire top
 
 
 
B. Swim Fringe Bikini.  $114.  Mint green, floral and fringe.  Big in 2012 and they're here to stay.
 
 
 
J. Crew Scalloped Underwire Top.  $52.  This is such a gorgeous cobalt blue color, and I love the scallop detail! 
Scalloped underwire top
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Yay for early spring! Love the Juicy Coture, Betsey Johnson and J Crew blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gosh, I love that Juicy suit! After the post I just wrote today, I have a LONG way to go before I'm in that sucker any time soon! Hmm.. an incentive, maybe?! New follower here.. with a 2 year old Carter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for bikini season!! I usually get mine from VS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Juicy Coture! It's gorgeous! Thank you so much for doing this post! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! : ) Now I want a spring trip to west these to lol.

      Delete
  5. Love the Seafolly Goddess top! Great motivators to keep me working hard over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete