Thursday, January 3, 2013

Liebster Awards

I have been nominated for 4 Liebster Awards. They are from Lindsey, Chrissy, Brittany, and Amanda. Sorry I am so late, ya'll!

The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.

The Rules:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.

3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.

4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.

5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

And, here we go......

11 Random things about me...
1.  I am a neat freak and love to clean. I can't go to sleep if my house is a mess!
2. I have worked weekend for years! There was a small break when I didn't but with the exception of a few months, I have worked every weekend for over 5 years.  I do it so I can be home with my kids during the week.
3. I don't like cold food, like sandwiches and most fruit and salads. I think it's a texture thing. Ugh!
4. I am afraid of storms. A few bad ones here have scarred me for life!
5. Even though I am a nurse, I can't stand germs or being around sick people, like cold, flu-ish, type sickness. I don't want to catch that mess! PS Get your flu shot!
6. I am so weak when it comes to sweets! I think I should eat a piece of cake after every meal.
7. My favorite lotion is Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath and Body Works. It's not too sweet. I love it. When I run out, Cupquake from VS is a close match.
8. I can't stand cotton panties! Uncomfortable and add almost a whole pant size. Can't deal!
9. I am allergic to watermelon, sesame seeds, corn, and cats! Crazy!
10. Fall is my favorite season!
11. I love The Golden Girls and The Cosby Show!

And here are Lindsey's questions...
  1. What was your first concert? Oh man! This is so embarassing! Let me first say that my mom made me go with her. It was Michael Bolton! It was his Time, Love, and Tenderness tour.
  2. If you were on Death Row, what would be your last meal before you were executed? Steak, baked pototo, rolls with the cinnamon butter all from Texas Roadhouse and half of my Meemaw's caramel pie!
  3. If you could invite three people (living or dead) to dinner, who would you choose? My sister and my grandmother and grandaddy. I miss them!
  4. What was your most favorite day ever? My most favorite day ever was November 16, 2007.
  5. What is one thing you'd like to do before you die? I'd like to see all of my children with families of their own and happy as they can be!
  6. What was your first car? A 1997 Firebird back in 1996. Spoiled brat!
  7. What is your ultimate dream vacation destination? Bora Bora! One of those bunglows with the glass floor. We were gonna go there last year but bought a house instead. Hmm...
  8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
  9. Who is your celebrity free pass? Bradley Cooper
  10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Dirty dishes in the sink
  11. How old were you when you lost your virginity? (You didn't think you were getting off that easy, did you?) No habla ingles....
And here are Chrissy's questions...
1. What's your favorite Christmas song?  "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" when Josh Groban sings it.
2. You have a free day, no Hubs or kids or work, what do you do? Jump on a plane and spend the day at Mall of America to shop til I drop, stuff my face with Cinnabon, then fly back home that night.
3. Do you have a favorite Soap Opera? What is it? No I don't. Used to watch Days though.
4. Were you a Daddy's Girl or Mama's Mini Me? Daddy's Girl
5. Hot tea, coffee, or cocoa? Cocoa
6. What's your favorite day of the week? Monday! It's the start of my 5 day weekend!
7. Favorite season? Fall
8. Apple Cider or Egg Nog? Apple Cider
9. Morning person or Night owl? I just discovered after switching to day shift that I am a morning person.
10. Are you a planner or spontaneous? A little bit of both
11. What's your favorite Pinterest recipe? A made from scratch hot chocolate recipe for the crockpot!

And here are Brittany's questions...

1. What's your dream vacation?  Bora Bora!
2. How did you and your spouse meet? 6th grade at Crestview Middle School. He drove me crazy!
3. What's your favorite movie? Forrest Gump
4. What advice would you give to a newlywed about marriage? Don't go to bed angry. Resolve it before you go to sleep. Oh and the first year is pretty freaking hard!
5. What household chore is your least favorite? It's a toss up between dishes and folding white clothes like socks. Ugh!
6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Tahoe
7. What's your favorite meal to make for your family? Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, and cornbread. Don't do it often though. Very time consuming!
8. What are three things that you always leave your house with? Purse, phone, and chapstick
9. What do you blog about? My family mostly but have been known to throw in some random things here and there.
10. What is your occupation? Why? I am a registered nurse working in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). I do it because there is nothing else I'd rather do and I believe that I am exactly where God wants me to be.
11. What is something most people don't know about you? That I get my feelings hurt really easily and I am pretty good at hiding it. As the old saying goes, I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am working on this.

And here are Amanda's questions...

1.What is your go-to outfit? No matter where you're going you can't go wrong with a knit top and skinny jeans! Flip flops in warm weather and boots in the cold.
2. What was your first car? A 1997 Firebird
3. What is your favorite book? Seduction and Snacks
4. Did/do you play any sports? I played softball for many years.
5. Who is your favorite actor/actress? I am really crazy about Sean Penn. His humanatarian work is amazing!
6. What is your dream vacation? Bora Bora
7. What was your first concert? Michael Bolton! My mom made me go with her.
8. If you could have any cosmetic procedure done, what would it be and why? I've always said a boob job because I am so lacking in that department but I acted like a nut on the OR table with my last baby so unless I have to have surgery to keep me alive I'll pass.
9. What is your comfort food? Chocolate chip pancakes with lots and lots of butter and a side of crispy bacon and hashbrowns with ketchup from Ihop! Would always stop and eat this on my way home after a bad night at work.
10. Favorite memory from high school? Senior Prom! Well anything from my senior year.
11. Number one goal for 2013? Trust the Lord with everything that I've got and be thankful!


I nominate
1. Megan @ Amazing Love
2. Fueled and Aflame
3. Laura @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels
4. Meredith @ Is This Thing On?
5. Rachel @ Front Row Seat
6. Sarah @ Blonde Southern Lovin'
7. Kay @ Just Kay
8. Cadie @ One Step Closer
9. Kaitlyn @ Bridge Burning
10. Paige @ Team NeMo
11. Anna @ A Day in the Life

Here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite season? Why?
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. What's your dream vacation?
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. If your life was turned into a movie, what actress would you be?
6. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
7. What is your favorite comfort food?
8. What's your favorite holiday?
9. Where do you picture yourself in 10 years?
10. Favorite band?
11. What are you most proud of?


And there you have it! I only had to stop 50 times and a plate got broken so it went better than expected! lol If you can't get around to doing this I promise there will be no hard feelings but I'd love to get to know you better.



5 comments:

  1. I always say better late than never! I see even more things that we have in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pinterest recipe was a big hit for me this year. Made it for my office and they loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm can I please have your neat freak/cleaning gene because I TOTALLY need that (because I am the complete opposite!)

    I am SO weak when it comes to sweets too, it's pretty ridiculous! My first car was a Firebird too (but definitely NOT that new... Jealous!) I TOTALLY second the Bora Bora trip... All the pictures make it look so glorious!

    I LOVE MOA! I used to be so scared of the flume (or maybe they call it the log chute now?) and I LOVED Legoland!

    I also second your goal for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you said you would love to see your kids....I swear I misread it and thought you wrote I would love to sell my kids! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebster Post
    http://www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com/2013/01/6-years.html

    ReplyDelete