I am doing a linkup with one of my faves, Holly, and Erin about Thanksgiving traditions. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I am off this year so, for that, I am very thankful! Remember those in healthcare over the holidays that are busy saving lives. =)
1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
Definitely the food but football is a favorite too.
2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
This is kind of a tough one. My family is pretty traditional when it comes to our holiday dishes. The menu doesn't really change. Does it count that I had Sonic for dinner on Thanksgiving a couple years ago on my way to work? Ha!
3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
It starts out as football but turns into a nap unless my kids are acting crazy.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
I do watch the Macy's Parade but it's more in the background while I am getting everyone ready to go. None of my kids get excited over the parade like we did when we were kids. My favorite float is Snoopy.
5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?
We ALWAYS did Thanksgiving at my aunt's house in Union City, TN but I had to work the last couple Thanksgiving's so I couldn't go and now all of us kids are grown and married with family's of our own so it's really hard to get us all together. Sad, I know. This year we are going to Brian's aunt's house for lunch and then my dad's side of the family is coming over here for dinner. Brian has to work the night before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving night so it will be easier to do dinner here.
6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?
My Meemaw's caramel pie. Oh...I could literally sit down with the pie and a fork and eat it all. Yum yum!