Friday, December 7, 2012

Recipes and Relaxing!

I am a day late on doing a linkup with my sweet blog friend, Lora. She hosted a linkup "What's for Dinner"? So, I am going to share a recipe that everyone loves. I have many requests for this so I hope you'll like it too. It's Chicken Rotel Spaghetti, sorry no pics! I also am going to include one that I kinda made up from a mixture of recipes that I have found. My Meemaw, the greatest in the world, makes a mean Mac N' Cheese among many other things but anytime I ask her for her recipes she laughs at me. LOL! I am not sure why but I just laugh along with her. It's still not as good as hers but it's close and it's for the crockpot which is one of my best friends! By the way, neither of these recipes are low in fat or healthy by any means. Sorry!


Chicken Rotel Spaghetti
16 oz. Spaghetti cooked as directed
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 jar of cheese whiz
1 can of rotel (I use original but spice it up if you want)
1 stick of butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked (I cook mine in the crockpot for about 6 or 7 hours on low, season as you wish)

Preheat oven to 350. Cook spaghetti as directed and drain. In a separate pot over low heat, mix the soups, cheese whiz, rotel, butter, and chicken until everything is melted and mixed well. After it is mixed well, add the spaghetti and mix all of that up. Pour into 9"X13" dish and place in oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until it is bubbling. I like mine to get a little brown on top because I am weird like that. Enjoy! Oh, and you can sub one of the cans for a can of cream of mushroom soup. I had a friend try that and she said it was good too.

Crockpot Mac N' Cheese
2 cups of macaroni cooked as directed
1/2 block of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of milk (I use 2%)
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 small package of Velveeta cheese (The one you find on the shelf at the store. Ours is by the pasta.)
salt and pepper as desired

Set crockpot on low and spray with PAM or whatever you use. Add the cooked and drained macaroni to crockpot. Now, add the cream cheese, butter, milk, and block of Velveeta cheese and mix well. Cook for 2 hours. Top with the cheddar cheese when done and allow it to melt. (From the Crockin' Girls and me)


The hubby and I are off to the River Inn in Downtown Memphis tonight for some R&R. Gonna get some massages too! Yay! Enjoy the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey my love, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :) http://www.therealnancyclue.com/2012/12/liebster-id-like-to-thank-little-people.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! thanks for linking up...I love me some spaghetti rotel...I think I might just make it this week!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Leibster.

    http://www.mamachrissyschaos.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete