Friday, February 24, 2012

Do they have birthday parties in heaven?

February 23 is a special day. It is my sister and my grandmother's birthday. My grandaddy's birthday is February 25 but we always celebrated it with Jerri Lynne and Grandmother. So, I told Carter all about her time here on earth and, of course, he doesn't get it. Other than this week I have only told him about my sister once. It's just too much for a little brain to even try to process. Sometimes it's hard enough for me. Aubree knows. She has known for a very long time. Needless to say, we went to heaven and back about 20 times on Thursday. I took him to the cemetery to leave her a rose. I know it sounds terrible, but I hate it there. It's a terrible memory. Thursday marks the third time that I have been there. Once for the funeral, second for my Pawpaw's funeral as he is buried next to her, and this week. For some reason I just felt like I needed to go this week but it didn't make me feel any better and I sure don't plan on going back. I hope 3 of my favorite people in the world had a grand birthday party in heaven. Ok, enough sadness and morbidity. =)
Jerri Lynne, my little sis
Carter left her a rose for her birthday
My Grandaddy blowing out the candles. This was probably in 1986.
Grandmother blowing out the candles. Looks like I was making sure that she was doing it right. =)
Weren't we cute?

We went to visit my Meemaw this week. It was so good to see her. I believe that it really made her day when we showed up. She seems to be doing pretty well.
Meemaw and the boys
Meemaw and Caleb. I have known this woman for almost 30 years. She will not look at the camera. haha!

Little Caleb had a well-baby check-up this week. He is doing great! He weighed almost 15 lbs. He has doubled his birth weight so he's right on track. Sadly, he had to get 3 shots. =( He ran a little fever later that evening but was back to himself the next morning. I tried giving him rice cereal again this week and he does NOT like it, at all. The doctor said it's ok and to just keep trying. It's not a big deal until he's 6 months. He's still teething. I keep thinking that one is going to come through but not yet. He has been sleeping better thank goodness!
Trying rice cereal and not liking it! And I admit, I even mixed a little applesauce in and he still objected.

I have another crockpot recipe to share!
Crockpot Chicken and Rice
3 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups minute rice
1 cup water
1 pound boneless skinless chicken
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup chopped celery

Mix the soup, rice, and water in crockpot. Add the chicken. Top with salt, pepper, paprika, and celery. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1 comment: