Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day in the Life

linkup 
 
I'm linking up with my new friend, Holly, about "A Day in the Life"...oh what a day for this post. You can view her blog by clicking on the icon above. I must warn you that reading this may cause extreme exhaustion! It's been a busy day. Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually that way here. Not sure how I am still typing at this point! Ha! And I apologize for how boring this may be. Little Caleb broke the camera lens on my iphone and I did go get it fixed today but it was late. Otherwise I would have included tons of pics! I thought about using my camera but I can't find it. I am so spoiled by my iphone!  And here we go...
 
 
 
My day started at 0522! Baby Caleb wanted his bottle bright and early. Luckily, he wanted to go back to sleep but I saw no need in going back to sleep because...
0630-Time to get Aubree up, fed, and dressed in clothes that meet school dress code! What a diva!
0707-Aubree's bus arrives. She argues that she can take her poptart on the bus because 5th graders are allowed to eat on the bus. Really?!? So all the poor K-4 kids just get to sit and watch and that contract I signed that stated NO EATING ON THE BUS AT ANYTIME was all a lie. Hand it over and get on the bus, little girl!
0715-0730 is silent moment mommy time!Yay 15 minutes! I catch up on blogs and emails.
0735-Time to work on my fitness and pray that nobody wakes up! There's nothing like doing lunges with 2 little boys dangling from each leg! Hahaha!
0810-Shower time. Again, always nice if the little ones sleep through this. I was lucky today! I got to shower and put on make up before anyone got up. Didn't get to dry my hair but that seems to be a thing of the past anyhow!
0835-Time to get Carter up and ready for preschool, breakfast, pack his lunch, and get the baby up and dressed. Now today Carter asked me to leave his clothes out and assured me he could get "dwessed" by himself. So I did. And to my surprise I walked in to my kitchen to find him butt naked eating Trix! OMG!! Excuse the poor pic quality...recall that my camera lens was broken.
0900-Drop Carter off at preschool. And yes, we got the clothing issue worked out. Ha!
0910-Hurry back home to feed Little "C" his oatmeal before he gets cranky and another bottle. He's a growing boy!
0930-Post office
0940-Kroger. Btw...going with just one child is almost like a vacation.Almost!
1040-Home again! Unload groceries and get everything in order for tonights dinner.
1110-Unload/load diswasher. Yeah...I had some dirty dishes in my sink. Don't judge me!
1120-Laundry! We are either the cleanest people in the world or the dirtiest! I have yet to figure it out!
1130-Kitchen clean day! I have to break down cleaning my house into certain rooms on certain days. I cannot commit a whole day to cleaning house...obviously! Countertops, appliances, and getting rid of expired food are easy to do with a 11 month old hanging from your leg while he's crying.
1145-Lunch time
1215-Time to play outside with Caleb. He loves to swing!
1245-Fix bottle, feed him, put him down for a nap
1300(can you tell I'm a night shifter)-Oh yeah...I forgot I needed to pee 3 hours ago!
1305-Sweep and mop foyer and kitchen floors while the little people are not around.
1330-Waiting on another load of clothes. Think I'll watch House Hunters for a minute.
1342-1350-Yes I took an 8 minute nap...set my alarm and everything. I take what I can get!
1400-Pick up Carter from preschool
1415-Pick up Aubree from school
1430-My father-in-law arrives to watch the boys so I can take Aubree to Memphis for a doctor appointment.
1530-Arrive at doctor's office
1645-Head to Apple for some iphone CPR!
1730-Iphone resuscitation was successful! Headed home!
 
 
1830-Home again! At this point my sister-in-law and her hubby are watching the boys. Thanks Carrie! Glad chicken was marinated and ready for oven. Boil potatoes for 15 min so they'll bake faster!
Ok...so between this time and 2100, we ate, checked homework, 3 kids were showered/bathed. Are you tired from reading this? Geez!
And I'm not ashamed to admit that after the kids went to bed I watched "Dance Moms" like I do every Tuesday night! Everybody has that one show that they like and that's mine! I am now lying in bed blogging after a hot bath. Feeling pretty tired at this point! LOL!
So this is a day in my life. As busy and crazy as it may seem I love it. I would not have it any other way! I am always amazed at parents who work 5 days a week and have kids. Don't see how you do it!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with Holly and I. I loved reading your post. Busy Busy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you know I love your blog!

    Also, I am jealous that you lvie by a Kroger's-- that's my favorite grocery store from back home.

    And I love that you are on military/nurse time with your 21:00 dinner/bed routine- HA!

    Thanks for linking up, lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy day!!! Isnt it funny how we SAHMs can have even crazier days than those who work? And we have something in common too...my 7 month old's name is Carter! :) I love that name :) your kiddos are precious and you are an awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete