Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Delicious Pinterest Win

Every now and then I get a wild hair and make one of the 7 billion recipes I've pinned on Pinterest. Last night was one of those nights. It did not disappoint like some have in the past. It was so easy. I put it in the oven at 3:30 and let it cook at 250 degrees until 6:30. Worst part was having to smell the deliciousness for 3 hours.

I found the recipe on Pinterest and it linked me to this Brienna's blog, Darling Doodles. I give her full credit for this! Go check out her blog. It was so delicious. I measure deliciousness not only by my picky taste buds but also if Brian says anything positive without being asked I know it was good. :) 

Here's what you'll need...
About 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
2 cups of rice 
Butter (buttah...in my Barbara Streisand voice)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery (save 1 of these cans, ok?)
1 packet Lipton onion soup 
Aluminum foil

Butter your casserole dish well. Butter makes errry'thing better. In a seperate bowl mix the can of cream soups, fill the saved can because you totally follow directions with water and add it to the soups along with the 2 cups of rice. Stir it up. Stir it up. 

Now place the soupy, ricey mixture to your buttah'd casserole dish. 

Now place your chicken on top of the mixture. I wash my chicken. What you do or don't do with your chicken is your business. Sprinkle the Lipton onion soup on top of the chicken.

Now cover with the foil. Place in oven and go about your business. I'm telling you 3 hrs at 250 degrees was perfection. I know oven temps and times vary. I'm sorry I have no pics of the completed masterpiece as myself and my family inhaled it. Ha! I served with corn. 

My mom said she uses this same recipe with pork chops. When you visit Brienna's site you'll see in the comments all the changes and suggestions from others. Over. Achievers. It's fine as is and I appreciate when folks share simple deliciousness like this. 

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment