Does that not seem to be the best title ever for the blogger that fell off the face of earth? Yeah...I think so BUT it's because I am doing a link-up with one of my favorite bloggers, Kim! I figured since I am going to just bounce back into your lives that this would be a great way to do so. Plus, even though I said I was going to finish posting about our Vegas trip, let me be honest, I can't remember enough about the remainder of the trip to make a post that would not cause you to start drooling on your keyboard and then hitting your head when you fall asleep. Ha! So...here we go!
List 20 random facts about yourself. (Oh Lawdy...)
1. I only drink water, red wine, or strawberry margarita's. I did try something from Starbuck's the other day because Aubree talked me into it and it was good BUT CALORIES. But for real...I only drink water. No coke. No tea. Just water. Don't drink your calories.
2. I love Fall. It's the best time of year! Boots, sweaters, cooler weather, cotton pickers humming around here and COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! GO DAWGS!
3. My favorite thing to eat is a fried cheeseburger with cheddar cheese plain on a white bun that is slightly toasted with French fries! Oh yeah!!
4. My first cousin, Nate, is like my brother and I would do anything in the world for him! Well...almost anything.
5. I think The Cosby Show was the greatest show ever!
6. A perfect evening to me is sitting at home and relaxing on the couch with a glass of red wine after I know the kids are asleep and watching House Hunters on HGTV. Yes...I save all the episodes and watch them over and over.
7. I can't wait until Christmas to watch Home Alone so about twice a year I wait until the kids are napping and cook a Totino's pizza and watch it. I pretend that I am 10 again! Best movie ever!
8. I will not go inside a bank for anything! If they can't do our business over the phone and let me sign pick up the paperwork in the drive thru and sign it we aren't doing business. I was robbed at gunpoint in a bank and am scarred for life!
9. I was a Labor and Delivery the first year that I was a nurse. It was what I went to nursing school for...to deliver babies! Well...let me just tell y'all...it takes a special person to deal with all that! Not all people are clean if you know what I mean. Just give me the baby afterwards...mmmmk!
10. The only country music that I like is classic country...like Waylon, Johnny, Merle, Conway and I don't listen to them often because they make me want to go sit in a bar and drink. I like all kinds of music but not this modern country or whatever you call it. Annoying is what I call it.
11. From the time I was in the 6th grade until the 8th grade the same boy would call me EVERYDAY and say "will you go out with me" and I am now married to him. Haha!
12. I am scared to death of head lice! O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even talk about it!!!!
13. When I am upset or anxious I clean! I remind myself of Magda off There's Something About Mary! Yes!
14. It's gotten better since we moved into this house but I am pretty scared of storms. We tend to have some bad ones here from time to time.
15. We had an Ice Storm in 1994 that started in the middle of the night and I lived in a very wooded area. We lost power and my parents put us in bed with them. My dad rolled over and hit his head against mine and that was the moment he realized I was in bed wearing a 4-wheeler helmet. My body may have been crushed by a tree but my brain was going to be good to go!
16. I am a really good cook! I am not much of a baker but I can cook up a delicious and unhealthy meal!
17. I am a complete neat freak except when it comes to my email inbox. Omg! I am terrible. I am so bad about glancing who sent me email and then closing it. It's mostly email from clothing stores. Why do I do this? It's not hard to delete the stuff!
18. I live about 40 minutes from Memphis and have never been to Graceland and I sure don't plan on going either!
19. I am like Kim and so over Aaryn on Big Brother! Candace is a better woman than I!
20. I get terrible motion sickness on rides that spin, rollercoaster that go upside down, or anything rocking on the water ...like can't even lay on a waterbed. Flying on a plane doesn't bother me though! Weird!
Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
1. Ughh..yuck...losing my children. I don't want to outlive my kids. My fear is probably worse than most because I have witnessed my parents bury their daughter, my little sister, and I witnessed my Aunt, my mom's sister, bury her only son. It's just not right.
2. I am fearful of someone breaking into my house in the middle of the night or hell in the day time. This is legit because of crazy people!
3. I fear a bad earthquake. We live basically on top of the New Madrid fault and I am afraid when she decides to wake up and become active she will be one angry witch. It's been a long time. I just hope I am not at work. Supposedly Downtown Memphis will cave in and The Mississippi River will flood. Yay!
Describe your relationship with your spouse.
We love each other but don't see each other often because of our opposite work schedules. We may argue more than the average couple but it's hard working this way. We make it work though and there is no person I'd rather be with.
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self if you could.
1. You are a spoiled brat.
3. Put down the cig! You think you look cool but you do NOT and you smell bad.
4. Stop taking all this boyfriend mess so seriously. In 10 years he won't matter anyways.
5. Be nice to your sister and spend as much time as you can with her.
6. Stop whining about your job at the grocery store. It's not like you're saving lives! Suck it up, buttercup!
7. There is more to life than parties on Friday after the football game and then more parties in the river bottoms on Saturday night.
8. One day you are going to decide to go to college and wished you'd worked harder.
9. You're actually smart so use the brain that God gave you.
10. These are the some of the best and easiest days of your life!
What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
1. My family
2. My job
3. My home
4. Big Brother
5. The countdown to college football!
Ok...so there is more but it just took me 3 days to get this done between working and kids, etc. So that's a wrap. Kim is doing different parts to this and I think it's fun. I just wish I had more time. Boo! I hope that everyone has a great Tuesday!